I'm doing something today that I haven't done in quite some time - staring at a blank page with no idea of how to fill it. It's not the page somewhere else for some other project. It's this one, here. My mind is filled to the top with thoughts, none of them particularly worth sharing here, or at least none of them particularly appropriate to share here.
That's the problem with a blog, isn't it? Being appropriate dictates that the probably most interesting things in your life are the things that you can't write about unless you have that kind of blog. You know the kind I'm talking about. The kind from a CW show or one about a group of middle-aged women living in New York City.
I've never seen any of those shows enough to know if I'm right. But I assume.
Let's see. A few of the uninteresting things on my mind:
- I want to see the new Captain America movie.
- There's never enough money, is there?
- How has it been almost 4 years since I graduated college?
- Maybe starting to write an epic 70+ issue comic book story wasn't the best one to start with. Maybe I should start smaller.
- But also, what's the point of dreaming small? Maybe big is the way to go.
- What's an interesting story to tell about a building?
- I keep getting McDonald's coffee in the morning because it's free right now. I keep not liking it, but I keep going. That's a weird choice.
- There's never enough time either, huh?
The reason you're getting this post thrown at you is because one of my tricks for writing when I don't think I'm going to get anywhere is just to start putting words on that blank page and see where they go. This one went here. Not the best destination, but sometimes it's about the journey.